We can’t believe it’s July already — almost halfway through summer — and we wanted to remind everyone it’s still not too late to renew your lease. If you’re not renewing, then move-out is July 31, and we’ll be sending out instructions about moving out and what needs done on your end. We hope everyone is enjoying this wonderful summer, getting ready for the upcoming school year, and, of course, establishing new goals.
Need something fixed? We can’t fix it if we don’t know it is broken! You can submit a service request in one of two ways: Call the office during regular office hours, or submit online through your resident portal at buckeyevillagemansfield.com/residents. Please keep in mind that our maintenance team has limited hours on weekends, so unless it’s an emergency, don’t be alarmed if your request isn’t handled until Monday.
Reminders & Updates
Rent is due on the 1st of each month! Luckily, you have until the 3rd to pay your rent before late fees begin accruing on the 4th at 8 a.m. Payments can be made via your resident portal or dropped in the rent dropbox in front of the GM’s office — even if it’s after hours. If you have any questions regarding the payment portal or about your account, please see Meredith Boylan or Melissa Miller in the office Monday–Friday.
Move-out day is July 31. Please take all your belongings and clean out your apartment the way you received it when you moved in. Just so everyone knows: If you leave trash, we charge $25 per bag. We’ll have big dumpsters, so you have somewhere to put all the trash and make sure everything is cleared from the units. Remember to turn in all keys and sign your move-out condition form in the office.
Renewals: If you still haven’t renewed and you do plan on staying for next year, please stop by the office to renew your lease. Also keep in mind that prices for next year include electricity! No more electric bill to pay, and everything is included! How would you like A SEMESTER OF FREE RENT? RENEW TODAY to be entered to win this grand prize, among a list of other fun prizes. Stop by the clubhouse for more details.
Locked out of your apartment or have a maintenance emergency? Remember: There is always a Community Assistant on call! Just call (419) 565-6499, and you’ll be connected with the Community Assistant who’ll be able to assist you.
Have a Successful Summer with CA!
With summer in full swing, you might be finding yourself with some extra time on your hands. Summer can be an amazing time to have fun, enjoy trips and activities, attend baseball games, go to a farmers market, and much more. But summer can also be perfect for gearing up professionally! Check out some of the following tips on how you can give yourself the “Campus Advantage” above your peers this summer:
- Visit your campus’s career center. Since it’s summer, they are often less busy and can give you individual support for updating your resume or prepping you for an upcoming interview.
- Log in to your resident portal and take advantage of the numerous resources in the Campus Advantage Career Success Portal!
- Even if you don’t absolutely need a job this summer, consider finding a low-key part-time position that could provide you with some extra resume experience. Consider positions with transferable skills that would benefit your major.
- Find a new volunteer opportunity or organization to join that fits a hobby of yours or helps others. Giving back looks great on your resume, makes a difference, and makes you feel good at the same time!
- Hard to believe that shopping can help your professional game, but stores often have sales on business wear during the summer. Check out the racks to see if you can find a few classic interview-appropriate pieces for the fall.
Stop by the management office and let them know what kind of events they could host this summer/fall to help make you successful!
Share how you’re going to boost your success this summer with other Campus Advantage residents by posting on social media with the hashtag #CASummerSuccess.
Community Events Calendar
Independence Day Gathering — July 3 from 4–7 p.m. — We’ll be celebrating the Fourth of July on the 3rd. Stop by the Clubhouse for food and celebrating our independence. We’ll also have fun craft ideas to use for the Fourth.
Summer Cook-out — July 12 — Join us in the courtyard to cook out with burgers and hot dogs — and s’mores later in the evening. Invite friends and enjoy this great summer weather!
Frozen Yogurt Day — July 18 — We’ll be ordering frozen yogurt! Stop by the clubhouse to have your frozen yogurt to enjoy something cold during these summer months.
Cornhole Tournament — July 25 from 6–9 p.m. — Sign up for our cornhole tournament for a chance to win prizes and have some great fun before moving out on July 31. We’ll provide drinks, snacks, and prizes for the winners.